Re: [Xen-devel] how to move the memory of a domain from one NUMAnode to another?

hello,Dario

Your approach about memory migration has some problems:

(1)the domain must be suspended,and how long is the downtime(100ms or 1s)?

(2)will the memory migration affect the balloon,TMem mechanism?

And I want to design to migrate the memory pages,the process is as follows:

(1)drop the reference to the memory pages of domain

(2)lock and copy the memory pages in the new node

(3)update the page tables,the P2M

(4)bind the VCPU to the new node
This process will not affect the interrupt of the domain.
pls provide the suggestions,thanks!!

======= 2013-08-08 15:56:15 from your letter:=======