Re: [Xen-devel] HVM hangs system on AMD A10-6800K + Hudson-D4

I would like to help you because my team at AMD does not see this problem but maybe there is something unique in your environment that we have not tested with.  So you are using the Xen hypervisor from XenServer 6.2 and you have tested with Centos and Unbuntu guests?  Could you tell me your Guest configurations (vcpus and memory per guest).  Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

From: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Darren Shepherd
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:51 AM
To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] HVM hangs system on AMD A10-6800K + Hudson-D4

Sorry if this is more of a xen-users question, but I'm at a loss on how to fix this.  I have a system that has an AMD A10-6800K on a ASUS F2A85-M PRO and any HVM domain hangs the whole system.  I started with XenServer 6.2, then Centos 6.4, and finally Ubuntu 13.04.  All have the same results.

Its not terribly consistent when the hang happens, but every HVM domain will eventually hang the system if left running long enough.  Sometimes the system hang immediately, sometimes after 20 minutes.  I disabled all power management (turned off PowerNow!) and that actually seems to make it freeze faster.  So I'm running with the smallest HVM configuration possible using xl as below

name = 'test'

memory = 1024

builder = 'hvm'

Since the system just hangs I get no errors messages or anything.  Has anybody successfully ran HVM on a A10 AMD CPU?  Its one of the new Richland APUs.  Can anybody point me to some info on how to debug this issue? FWIW, KVM runs fine.

Thanks,

Darren