Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update

On Mon, 2013-08-19 at 18:16 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 04:17:46PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > Maybe there are other driver which this didn't affect, evtchn etc
> > perhaps? I wonder if it is worth init time Xen code synthesising some
> > uevents iff running on Xen to make these get loaded...
>
> evtchn and privcmd are not auto-loaded. This patch was strictly for
> backends.

right.

> But it should be possible to create a platform device for xen that
> triggers loading of them.

yes, that's the sort of thing I was trying to get at with "synthesizing
uevents"

>  Could be also used to differentiate between
> control and non-control domain.

Hrm, at least evtchn and privcmd are potentially (but not so commonly)
usable in normal domU too. I'd be tempted to just load them if running
on Xen -- they aren't exactly huge...

Ian.