Re: [Xen-devel] XEN: Interdomain communication.

On 08/20/2013 06:44 AM, cooldharma06 wrote:
hi all,

i am experimenting interdomain communication between dom0 and domU in
xen-4.2.1.

in domU i copied required libraries and also xenfs is mounted.

but in /dev/xen i have only gntdev file. but we have evtchn, gntalloc files
for communication. how i can make(create) those files for domU.

Load the kernel modules for these files (xen-evtchn and xen-gntalloc).

You may also need to select a xenstore path with the proper permissions, as Ian
suggested in his emails. You could also use xenstore-mkdir and xenstore-chmod
in dom0 if you have a need to use a specific xenstore path.

The vchan-node2 tool may be more friendly to testing since it is bidirectional
while vchan-node1 forces you to specify read/write on each end.

Information regarding to the communication as follows:
1. In ldd vchan-node1 shows following outputs:
[...]
and when running that one it shows:
libxenvchan_*_init: No such file or directory

2. The files under /dev/xen/ folder in domU is : gntdev

3. The files under /proc/xen/ folder in domU is : capabilities  xenbus

Please guide me to achieve the communication.

regards,
cooldharma06.

--
Daniel De Graaf