Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 18838: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 29.08.13 at 13:27, xen.org <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> flight 18838 xen-unstable real [real]
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/18838/
>
> Regressions :-(
>
> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> including tests which could not be run:
>  test-amd64-i386-xl-multivcpu  7 debian-install            fail REGR. vs.
> 18778

So this failed twice in a row, making it less likely to be a
heisenbug. Checking the logs, though, the only anomaly I see
is

smpboot: 12 Processors exceeds NR_CPUS limit of 8
smpboot: Allowing 8 CPUs, 0 hotplug CPUs

but that of course doesn't prevent the guest from coming up. At
the point state gets dumped all Dom0's CPUs are completely idle
afaict, yet the login prompt shows up only after that dumping
(mildly hinting at a possible idle wakeup issue). Can anyone else
see anything that would explain the behavior?

Jan