Re: [Xen-devel] Xen, MCFG acpi table and E820 address map

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordan Bobic [mailto:gordan@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:24 AM
To: Santosh Jodh
Cc: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk; Jan Beulich; xen-devel; Boris Ostrovsky; David Vrabel
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen, MCFG acpi table and E820 address map

 On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:14:55 +0000, Santosh Jodh  <Santosh.Jodh@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> [...]

 If this is pre-release/experimental hardware, isn't the  right thing to do to
talk to the manufacturer and get them  to fix the BIOS so it exposes the
correct e820 map in the  first place?
[Santosh Jodh] yes - BIOS fix is in progress. My original query was - is this
an exception? If it is a trend, then Xen should handle this better.

 Gordan