Re: [Xen-devel] BUG: using smp_processor_id() in preemptible [00000000] code: blkback.1.xvdb/9138 caller is decrease_reservation

On 10/09/13 19:13, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Hi Wei,
>
> Just back from holiday i tried running a new xen-unstable and linux
> kernel (current Linus his tree + Konrad's last pull request merged on top).
> I saw a thread and patch about a bug_on in increase_reservation ...
> i'm seeing the splat below in dom0 when guests get started.

Yes, the use of __per_cpu() in decrease_reservation is not safe.

Stefano, what testing did you give "xen/balloon: set a mapping for
ballooned out pages" (cd9151e2).  The number of critical problems it's
had suggests not a lot?

I'm also becoming less happy with the inconsistency between the p2m
updates between the different (non-)auto_translated_physmap guest types.

I think it (and all the attempts to fix it) should be reverted at this
stage and we should try again for 3.13 which some more through testing
and a more careful look at what updates to the p2m are needed.

David