Re: [Xen-devel] Linux v3.12 + pv ticketlocks.

On 09/09/2013 03:39 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-09-06 at 16:11 -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> Linux v3.12 (which is now in merge window phase) has the code for
>> making the spinlock use ticketlocks for everything.
> Congrats!

Yeah! Lots of good work to turn my stuff into something submittable. I
got stalled by the wall of perf testing.

>> Majority of that work was done by Jeremy Fitzhardinge and I would like
>> to thank him for doing this work. It had taken a year (or more) to actually
> Way more that a year, wasn't it? This stuff has been floating around for
> 3 or 4 years or longer IIRC.

Not quite - the timestamps in my git tree are mid 2010-2011. I did the
first pv spinlocks at the Xen summit with the paper, which was about
2008? 9?