Re: [Xen-devel] wrong io/tpmif.h made it into upstream Linux

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 03:17:42PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > in the course of reviewing the hypervisor side of this (i.e. the
> > canonical copy of the header) I had requested some renames,
> > and they had also been carried out there. Why did this not get
> > adjusted _before_ hitting Linus'es tree? It's particularly strange
> > because this can't be because different people were doing one
> > side and the other...

That is something Daniel will have to tell. But I am wondering if
the patches were posted, but just never picked up (ie, lost in
the Xen 4.3 release?).

> Additionally using xen:vtpm as module alias collides with the v1
> implementation too afaict. Was avoiding conflicts with the old

OK, but there is no v1 upstream and never will be. Would it
be possible for the XenClassic kernels to mesh the classic
v1 and the v2 implementation in one?

> interface also not being considered here at all? Afaict the
> backend also would need to announce itself differently from
> the v1 one to xenbus...

I think that was covered. It announces itself as vtpm but looks
for "feature-protocol-v2". If that is not there it will not attach
itself to the backend.

I thought that was discussed in the review at length months ago?