[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update -- RFC for feature freeze timeline

On gio, 2013-09-26 at 17:47 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> Additional things which are likely to make it if we extend a month (18
> Nov):
> * NUMA Memory migration
Yep, I confirm: 18 Nov => probable. 18 Oct => no way. :-(

> * Per-vcpu NUMA affinity
This may make it by 18 Oct too. 18 Nov, I'm positive it'll be in.

> * PV NUMA interface
It's worth wait for Elena to comment on this, but (as said on IRC) I'm
quite sure there's no way this can make it by 18 Oct.

> Other things that are a possibility if we slip a month but definitely
> not if we stick with the original schedule:
> * qemu-xen stubdomains (either Linux or rump kernel / BSD libc)
Which would be something really cool to have on the release notes,
especially the rump kernel variant. ;-P

> Nonetheless, it does seem likely that delaying for a month may allow a
> significant number of important features to get in.
> Any thoughts?
+1 for delaying 1 month.

I think it's probably worth to mention that we have LinuxConEU and
XenSummit coming (and just had LinuxConNA), for which people need to
prepare and attend, which would probably mean even less
developing/reviewing time for getting stuff in by 18 Oct.


<<This happens because I choose it to happen!>> (Raistlin Majere)
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D, http://about.me/dario.faggioli
Senior Software Engineer, Citrix Systems R&D Ltd., Cambridge (UK)

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

Xen-devel mailing list



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.