Re: [Xen-devel] xl list shows dom0 name as (null) in Xen 4.2.3

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013, Ian Campbell wrote:

On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 21:13 +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

Am I missing some daemon/script that should be executed at boot time
when using only xl?

xencommons is supposed to start xenstored and initialise it which
includes writing the dom0 name field, regardless of which toolstack you
are using. This has been the case since around 4.1 I think.

That explains it. Fedora doesn't run xencommons - it had separate start scripts when I took over and now uses systemd. It sound like it is time for me to look through xencommons again and see what is missing from the systemd files.

        Michael Young