Re: [Xen-devel] Support for unmodified OS

On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 18:40 +0530, anshul makkar wrote:
> Sorry for my ignorance here, but thus Xen port of  ARM (Cortex A15
> with hardware virtualization ) supports running unmodified Android as
> guest or guest needs to be patched to be able to run.

The patches needed to run on Xen on ARM went into Linux upstream around
3.7 or so. If you have a kernel newer than that with CONFIG_XEN and the
associated other items enabled then you should be good to go.

Last I saw Android was still on 3.4, so you'd either need to wait for
them to update or do some backports yourself. Even after they update
it's not obvious that they would necessarily enable CONFIG_XEN.

Caveat: I've not actually tried android on Xen in any way...

Ian.