Re: [Xen-devel] [xen] double fault: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP DEBUG_PAGEALLOC

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
> <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> It's going to make things really noisy at boot time, but then it should
>> settle down and not be bad at all.  Let's try it and see if it helps or
>> not.
>
> Yeah. And quite frankly, normally that whole DEBUG_KOBJECT_RELEASE
> thing is hopefully only enabled in debug kernels (like maybe the
> Fedora rawhide one, or at developers), so being a bit more verbose is
> likely ok.

We haven't enabled it yet.  Dave hit issues with it early in the merge
window and we left it off.  That being said, it's something we'll look
at again soon and having it be a bit more verbose wouldn't be
horrible.

josh