Re: [Xen-devel] Problems when creating domU on FastModel Cortex-A15

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 15:58 -0400, XiaoGuang Wang wrote:
> What exact version (i.e. changesets) of Xen and Linux are you running?
>
>                 Have you started the Xen control daemons (xenconsoled
>                 and xenstored)?
>                 What is the contents of your domU-config?
>         I use xen-4.4 unstable (downloaded around Sep 15), and Linux
>         3.11 as dom0 and domU. The xenconsoled and xenstored is
>         running:
>         root@dom0:/root# ps -A |grep xen
>             9 ?        00:00:00 xenwatch
>            10 ?        00:00:00 xenbus
>            14 ?        00:00:00 xenbus_frontend
>            47 ?        00:00:00 xenconsoled
>            53 ?        00:00:02 xenstored
>         domU-config is:
>         root@dom0:/root# cat domU-config
>         kernel = "/root/image"
>         memory = 100
>         name = "domU"
>         vcpus = 1
>         disk = [ 'phy:/dev/loop0,xvda,w' ]
>
> Hi Ian/all,
>
> I tried xen-4.3 and Linux-3.9.11 just now.

Lets stick with xen-unstable (aka 4.4-pre) latest for now rather than
jumping around the versions.

Kernel 3.11 or 3.9 should be fine, I'd be inclined to go for the later
one.

>  There is no "Failed to unmap pfn:86cf6 rc:-2" error. But I still
> cannot create domU. It seems some problems like:
> libxl: verbose:
> libxl_create.c:130:libxl__domain_build_info_setdefault: qemu-xen is
> unavailable, use qemu-xen-traditional instead: No such file or
> directory

This is an x86ism which has leaked into ARM, there should be no qemu at
all. I think this ought to be harmless.

> The whole log from xl create -vvv is in:
> http://hi.baidu.com/supernpu/item/79bc6606e802e01ceafe38cf

FYI it is a lot easier for everyone if you just paste the whole thing
into email...

I see you have used "xl -vvv create <cfg> -c". Although I think it isn't
hurting for now please drop the "-c" to avoid confusion at this stage.
If things were working it would autoconnect the console,  but it would
have to be before <cfg> to work, I think.

I can't see anything untoward in your log, it seems to think it has
started the domain OK but by the time you run xl list it has gone.

There should be other logs under /var/log/xen/*domU* -- please can you
post them, they may give a clue.

You could also try "xl -vvv create -F <cfg>" which will cause xl to stay
in the foreground and perhaps let you see more logs.

> So I'm not sure how can I see the domU console?

xl list shows that the domain isn't even running, so you can't.

Once it is the "xl console <domain>" will work. So would "xl create -c
<cfg>" (but as mentioned above not "xl create <cfg> -c", I don't think).

Ian.