Re: [Xen-devel] netback BUG_ON when using copy_skb=1

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I am using the SLE11 kernel 3.0.58 which is not up-to-date as you assumed.
I find one related patch named xen-netback-generalize which was committed on
Aug 7 and has been applied to SLE11 kernel 3.0.98.
That BUG_ON(netbk->mmap_pages[idx] != page) has been removed in this patch.

But there may be still concurrency problems in my test.
If the page replacing in copy_pending_req() was done after netif_get_page_ext()
in netbk_gop_frag(), copy_gop->flags is wrongly marked with GNTCOPY_source_gref.
Here the memory of that page in skb has been replaced with Dom0 local memory,
so the later HYPERVISOR_multicall() with GNTTABOP_copy in netbk_rx_actions()
will get errors.
The messages is shown as:

(XEN) grant_table.c:305:d0 Bad flags (0) or dom (0). (expected dom 0)

Would you like to share some opinions?

Regards,
Jerry