[Xen-devel] Mapping shared pages from Windows

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Simon Martin" <smartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:35:10 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:35:58 +0000

Hi all,

I have been working on my little OS port and things seem to be going reasonably OK. I am writing it from the ground up using David Chisnall's book "The Definitive Guide to the Xen Hypervisor" and referring to the mini-os implementation. I find there are too many dependencies and additional bits in the mini-os code to just pull the bits out that I need. Maybe once I've got a better understanding I'll be able to go back and do something there.

My next channel is to talk to my little OS from a Windows HVM. As a start I have offered a shared page from my domain which I want to map in a little Windows app.

I have been looking for a Windows API to access Xen, but I haven't found anything. I took a quick look at the GPLPV drivers but that is quite a large set of files. Is there an easier starting point, and maybe even a little documentation?

Regards.

--
 _     _  Debian GNU User   Simon Martin
| |   (_)_ __  _   ___  __  Project Manager
| |   | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /  Milliways
| |___| | | | | |_| |>  <   mailto: smartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes