Re: [Xen-devel] [PROPOSAL] Event channel for SMP-VMs: per-vCPU or per-OS?

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 29.10.13 at 11:52, George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Xen should be able to arbitrate which one gets the actual event
> delivery, right?  So the only risk would be that another vcpu would
> notice the pending interrupt and handle it itself.

As said before - for the FIFO model Xen's arbitration would be
sufficient (as long as affinity changes get carried out with
sufficient care), but for the legacy model several vCPU-s might
end up trying to service the event (since the pending bitmap is
per-domain, not per-vCPU)..

Jan

As long as the event can be served quickly, and meanwhile there is no correctness
problem (hopefully), do we really care which vCPU serves it..:d ?

Thanks,
Luwei