[Xen-devel] Problems with console io from a PV guest

Hi All,

I am using the latest and greatest 4.4 unstable and I'm having problems with console IO. I've been playing around with it for the last couple of days and I can't seem to find what's wrong. I start the guest with the "xl create -c" command and I only get one line of output. Input works fine.

My code is based on the mini-os implementation. My sequence of events is as follows from startup is as follows:

1.- Map in the shared_info page

2.- Initialise the console event

3.- Write a line to the console. Send the console channel event. This seems to work as I see the output in the console and the console cons and prod indices are equal on the next write call.

4.- After writing I get an event on the console channel with no characters.

5.- Any writes after this are not shown on the console.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Regards.

--
 _     _  Debian GNU User   Simon Martin
| |   (_)_ __  _   ___  __  Project Manager
| |   | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /  Milliways
| |___| | | | | |_| |>  <   mailto: smartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes