Re: [Xen-devel] Xen tools native build on ARMv7

On Sat, 2013-10-26 at 15:43 -0400, Vaibhav Bedia wrote:
> make[7]: Entering directory `/root/xen/tools/ocaml/libs/mmap'
>  MLOPT    xenmmap.cmx
> /bin/sh: 1: ocamlopt: not found

We have checks for ocaml in the configure script, which we use to
enable/disable ocaml support depending on the support available. We
currently check for ocamlc and ocamlfind before enabling ocaml support
but it looks like we end up using ocamlopt too.

I suspect on x86 the presence of ocamlc implies the presence fo
ocamlopt, but perhaps this is not true on arm (at least for the distro
you are on).

I'd be happy to receive a patch for tools/configure.ac to add a test for
$OCAMLOPT to the existing $OCAMLC/$OCAMLFIND test.

> How are others getting xen-tools on their ARM platforms? Can someone tell
> me how to proceed here?

I think we don't have any ocaml compiler stuff installed at all, so it
gets auto disabled. I expect there is also a configure option to force
it off?

Ian.