Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Passthrough question (xm->xl migration in Xen 4.2.2)

> create ^
> title it xl does not support specifying virtual function for passthrough
> device
> thanks

> On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 14:29 -0700, Saurabh Mishra wrote:
>> In XM toolchain, we use to put pci = [ '0000:07:11.6=0@1a' ] but looks
>> like in XL toolchain there is no way to specify function in the guest.

> The code is a bit confusing, but that does appear to be the case. libxl
> seems to have some degree of support but I can't see any code in xl (or
> the libxlu helper library function which parses the PCI options) that
> would support the =N@M syntax.

> Given the lack of xl support there's a good chance that the libxl
> support is relatively untested.

FYI qemu-upstream xen passhthrough currently also doesn't support specifying a
request for
a certain dev/function nr.

And it is vaguely related to the lacking ability to passthrough multifunction
devices as multifunction devices.
(the xm + qemu_trad require you to specify the virtual dev/func in this case,
and additional some checks in libxl can't handle
the multifunction mask and bail out early)