Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] probably FAQ: latest xen PV api/abi specs

On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 18:39 +0000, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Nov 2013, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this might be an FAQ but I'm looking for the documentation for the xen
> > guest API/ABI exposed to domU kernels on arm. The wiki says it isn't
> > yet set in stone and WIP but I hope someone is already working on
> > documenting it. Any pointers?
>
> Hello Goswin,
> please note that the right list for upstream Xen on ARM discussions is
> xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xen-arm is to discuss the older PV port by
> Samsung. I know this is confusing, sorry.

Note that Goswin went on to say in a subsequent mail that he was
interesting in the PV port...

(So, Goswin, you can stop reading now if you like ;-))

> Unfortunately such a document still needs to be written

Actually, we have a fair bit of stuff about the ABI layout, supported
hypercalls etc in the public headers so I think "needs to be written" is
a bit pessimistic. "exists but needs expanding" would be more accurate.

[...]
> From which is clear that:
[...]

This list could be trivially pasted into either an appropriate header in
xen.git/xen/include/public/*arm* or the wiki and would be a useful
improvement. I think the headers, somewhere near the list of supported
hypercalls, would be best, Can you send a patch?