Re: [Xen-devel] [edk2] Passing Xen memory map and resource map to OVMF

  Hi,

> > > MMIO holes, IO range created by hvmloader.
> >
> > Why?  All (memory) address space not backed by ram effectively is mmio.
> > There is no need to explicitly declare holes ...
> >

> Yes there is, because hvmloader is in charge of declaring holes.

Why does it declare holes in the first place?
Just for ACPI _CRS?  Or other reasons too?

> OVMF
> should just use whatever it gets.

What would OVMF use them for?

As far I know hvmloader creates the acpi tables and initializes pci
device mappings, so there isn't much to manage for ovmf ...

> > Also why io ranges?  Isn't pc io address space pretty much fixed anyway?
> >

> This is not actually necessary, but I want to pass this anyway, just to
> be consistent.

I don't see the point in passing it ...

cheers,
  Gerd