Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: Feature freeze has started

On Fri, 2013-11-15 at 16:28 +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> On 12/11/13 11:09, Ian Campbell wrote:
> >> * libxl config file
> > What is this one?
>
> So at the moment we have a config file for xl, which will tell it how to
> behave.  I seem to recall a discussion at some point about having a
> config file for _libxl_, so that non-xl toolstacks which use libxl could
> specify configuration options for some things.
>
> It wasn't my idea, however, and it's been long enough ago now that I
> can't remember exactly the kinds of things that we had in mind -- things
> like locations of binaries come to mind; maybe so that distros could
> package up libxl and say where things were, and other programs could
> like against it?  Does that ring any bells?

Yes it does.

There also some settings that you'd want to be host wide for any libxl
using toolstacks sharing a host (e.g. xl and xapi). Default vif-scripts
and policy WRT selecting disk backends are two which spring to mind.

Probably a great deal of xl.conf actually belongs in libxl.conf.

Ian.