Re: [Xen-devel] Test if on newer xen all SSE2 and SSE3 instructions are effectively working

>>> On 21.11.13 at 16:38, Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oops yes - I should have emphasised that a bit more.  I believe Jan
> submitted a hacked-fix for the qemu path which fixes the immediate issue
> (for 128bit emulation) but is in need of a redesign for wider emulation;

No, the fix was generic (breaking up things into at most 64-bit
chunks, no matter what their original size - just like would
happen at the bus level on real hardware).

> 256bit is available with AVX, and 512bit is on its way with AVX2.

That last one is AVX-512 (formerly AVX3); AVX2 doesn't widen
registers.

Jan