Re: [Xen-devel] HVMs terminating as (null)

Monday, November 25, 2013, 11:36:05 AM, you wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-11-23 at 17:38 +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>> Would it be possible to leave the domainname to something else as "(null)"
>> when such a state occurs,
>> the xendomains script f.e. seems to interpret this literally and bails out
>> without shutting down
>> any other domains.

> I guess it should be a one liner, so please submit a patch. Not sure
> what alternative string should be used, since you would want to avoid
> clashing with any potential real domain's name.

I didn't immediately spot the place where it was set to "null".
Yes that's a problem, though domainnaming has more restrictions (like using "0"
(or any other number that is also a domain-id) as domainname) in the "just
don't do that" category.

> From that PoV it might be better to teach xendomains to ignore such
> domains.

From what i remember i also couldn't  use "xl destroy" on such a domain (though
i probably should by using the domain number instead of the name).
Perhaps the toolscripts should just uses the domain-id numbers instead of names
for anything except printk's and echoing to the user ?