Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-4.3 and -unstable regression from changeset "numa-sched: leave node-affinity alone if not in 'auto' mode"

On gio, 2013-11-28 at 15:09 +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> On 11/28/2013 12:31 PM, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> Do you have a xen-syms you can use to find out what line the crash
> happened at?

Yep, that would be helpful...

> Dom0 should have auto_node_affinity set at this point; so before this
> patch you'd have:
>   nodemask = NODEMASK_MASK_NONE;
>   [set nodes in nodemask from cpumask]
>   d->node_affinity=nodemask
>
> After, you have:
>   nodes_clear(d->node_affinity)
>   [set nodes in d->node_affinity from cpumask]
>
> Everything looks like it should be the same.

Exactly! I really don't see what could be happening.

Anyway, I've now access to the machine and can try doing some
debugging...

> Can you try just reverting what's in the positive side of the if()?
> I.e., adding back in nodemask=NODE_MASK_NONE at the top, and the
> nodemask copying, and see what happens?

...Including this, and let you know.

Regards,
Dario