Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: RC0 imminent

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM, George Dunlap
<George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This information will be mirrored on the Xen 4.4 Roadmap wiki page:
>  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Roadmap/4.4
>
> We're nearly to the completion of the code freeze, scheduled for
> tomorrow.  After the code freeze, only bug fixes and features marked
> as "blockers" will be considered.  At the moment, the only feature
> considered a blocker is experimental PVH dom0 support.
>
> In early RCs, most bug fixes will be accepted; but in later RCs, even
> bug fixes may be rejected if they risk breaking more important
> functionality than they fix.
>
> I don't think at this point every bug fix needs a blessing from me;
> committers, if there are fixes which are obviously low-risk, just go
> ahead and check them in.
>
> I was thinking that for some of our new features, it would be good to
> have a blog post describing the feature and how to test it.  This
> would both raise awareness of the feature, and hopefully get it more
> testing before the release.  We could choose a couple to focus on for
> each test day.

Features which might be worth highlighting for testing in blogs:

* Non-udev scripts for driver domains (non-Linux driver domains)
 - Roger Pau Monne

* PHV domU (experimental only)

* Improved Spice support on libxl
 - Fabio Fantoni

* Event channel scalability
 - David Vrabel

* pvgrub2 checked into grub upstream (external)
 - Vladmir Servinenko

* Guest EFI booting (tianocore)
 - Wei Liu

* kexec -- is this worth testing?
 - David Vrabel

* Disk: indirect descriptors (in 3.11)
 - ?

Are people willing to step up and write a brief description of what
the feature is, as well as a quick guide for how to test it?

 -George