Re: [Xen-devel] About booting Xen with UEFI on FastModel

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 23:15 +0800, Chen Baozi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that upstream UEFI is now supported ARMv8 on FastModel.
> Iâve tried it to boot Linux with it. And it works. But it seems
> it still cannot load Xen hypervisor properly. Iâm now looking for
> the reasons. Is there any difference for a firmware to load Xen
> and Linux kernel?

I think you are the first one to try Xen on EFI.

Are you using the EFI stub with Linux or are you launching via a
bootloader e.g. Grub-EFI?

Xen doesn't yet have an EFI stub (it's on my list, but it looks like it
will be early next year at this rate).

If booting via Grub then I think it doesn't speak the Xen boot module
protocol, so you'd need to do the grub equivalent of the fdt commands
which are in the u-boot runes on the wiki.

In any case, if you want advice with this then you need to be quite
specific about what exactly you have done and what didn't wor.

Ian.