Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel 3.11 / 3.12 OOM killer and Xen ballooning

Jan Beulich wrote:
On 10.12.13 at 15:52, James Dingwall <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry, I misunderstood the question.  I'm just relying on the built in
kernel behaviour to balloon up/down as and when memory is required I
wasn't aware there were multiple ways that this could be achieved.  I'm
not running anything in user space, so does tmem answer the question?
Yes it does. And it means I'll defer to the tmem maintainer (who
I saw already also replied to you). You're aware that as far as
we (xenproject.org) are concerned, tmem is considered
unsupported/experimental.
I wasn't aware that it was considered experimental but I shall bear that in mind. Having a look through the git history shows some changes in the tmem and ballooning code which I could try experimenting with.

Thanks,
James