Re: [Xen-devel] Stack switching in a PV guest

On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 13:31 +0000, Simon Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently trying to implement multitasking inside my little PV.
> This is done by a a simple stack switch.
>
> Whenever I touch the stack in the PV it crashes. I assume that this is
> due to the iret at the end of the event handler returning control to
> the Hypervisor. Can anyone point me in the right direction to sort
> this out please.

Need more details of what you have done to advise properly I think.

Perhaps you need to be using HYPERVISOR_iret, or perhaps you need to
make sure that your stack frame actually returns you to the correct
context (which I expect hypervisor context is not).

Ian.