Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create VM with nic device on Arndale

On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 12:46 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Stefano Stabellini writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create VM with nic
> device on Arndale"):
> > On Wed, 18 Dec 2013, Eugene Fedotov wrote:
> > > "xl create domU.conf" causes following output:
> > > Parsing config from domU.conf
> > > libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1180:domcreate_attach_vtpms: unable to add
> > > nic
> > > devices
> > > Libxl code assumes that domcreate_attach_vtpms handler called, that calls
> > > domcreate_attach_pci.
> > > Why vif is logically depend on PCI and vtpm on ARM platform? (it is
> > > confusing).
>
> This is just the asynchronous callback structure.  There's a function
> which starts the addition of NICs and arranges when it's done for the
> next function to be called, which is the one for adding vtpms.

The confusion arises because our LOG macros include the function name,
so checking for nic errors in a vtpm function is always going to produce
something confusing.

We should introduce a veneer here, e.g. nic_done(), which logs any nic
related errors and then calls the next step. Same for each step in the
async chain.

Ian.