Re: [Xen-devel] How to calculate the crashing time cost in live migration

Hi Cooper,
Thanks for your reply.

Firstly, I explain how to measure migration time. When live migration needed, we should enter the following command
xm migrate --live <domain> <target>, so I just measure the cost time by this command as migration time.

Secondly, I explain the meaning of "crash time" aforementioned. This "crash time", I mean down time. Although using live migration technology, VM can be still in service status during migration, but there's still a small period, the VM will be out of service. So I want to measure the period VM out of service.

Thanks,
Yunbin Wang