[Xen-devel] (no subject)

This had been posted way way back:  https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/1/16/696

and the discussion about it was:
 - If there are no uses of v2, then why not rip out the support for it.
   [b/c the work for it would be in the networking code and I am still
    hoping that will be done?]
 - Why not do all of this in the toolstack. Enforce that the guest
   can only use v1 ".. if the backend isn't going to make use of them."
   (Matt).
   I am not sure how one would set up the plumbing to properly figure out
   whether the backend (say a driver domain) would communicate to hypervisor
   or XenBus that it is going to use v1 only if it has not yet started.
   (It would not have started b/c the guest hasn't started yet).

   My thinking is that once the frontend and backend start using the
   esoteric features of v2 we can rip this patch out. And also implement
   the proper code for PVHVM/PVH to actually use v2 grants.