Re: [Xen-devel] gnttab.c moved to grant-table.c

On Thu, 2013-12-26 at 17:40 +0400, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
> i have found that on xen-4.x implementation on Linux file gnttab.c has
> been moved to grant-table.c

There is not really any such thing as the "xen-4.2 implementation on
Linux". Xen and the dom0 kernel (be it Linux or otherwise) are for the
most part completely independent with independent release time lines.

Xen used to ship some kernels in its but we stopped doing so some time
ago when Xen support was added to mainline (in fact, IIRC, it was
actually before then that we stopped).

> also - about grant-table.c - is it available only on Linux kernel tree
> of you have additional repo for platforms ?

Are you talking about drivers/xen/grant-table.c in the Linux source? It
is only in the Linux tree AFAIK, and is specific to Linux, although it
is licensed to be able to serve as a reference if you need one. There is
also a simple PV guest kernel in mini-os which has BSD licensed versions
of various bits of useful infrastructure which can likewise serve as a
reference implementation.

Ian.