Re: [Xen-devel] 3.4.70+ kernel WARNING spew dysfunction on failed migration

On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 18:55 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I did the following test:
>
>    mv /etc/xen/scripts/block /etc/xen/scripts/block.aside
>    xl migrate debian.guest.osstest localhost
>
> xl did what appears to be the right thing: it did most of the
> migration, failed to run the block scripts at the end of the
> migration, and destroyed the destination domain and instead resumed
> the source guest.
>
> However, the source guest immediately went mad spewing WARNINGs and
> was after that no longer contactable via the network and not
> apparently responsive on the console.  See below.

Might this be the libxl resume thing described at the end of:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-02/msg00130.html ?

I thought we'd switch to using fast resume by default to workaround
this, but looking at the code it seems not.

It'd be lovely if the slow path finally got implemented instead of
falling through the cracks again.

Ian.