Re: [Xen-devel] Possible issue with x86_emulate when writing results back to memory

>>> On 09.01.14 at 16:53, Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To better match real hardware, it might be appropriate for
> "memcpy_atomic()" (name subject to improved suggestions) to use a while
> loop and issue 8 byte writes at a time, falling down to 4, 2 then 1 when
> reaching the end of the data to be copied.

Except that's not what real hardware does. You'd want to take
initial alignment into account here, shrinking the access width
right away to one suitable for the passed in alignment. Mis-
aligned locked accesses may need extra consideration (but I'd
hope the emulator already does well enough when LOCK is in
use).

Jan