Re: [Xen-devel] preparing for 4.3.2 and 4.2.4

>>> On 13.01.14 at 19:38, Don Slutz <dslutz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/13/14 10:14, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Aiming at a release in late January or early February, I'd like to cut
>> RC1s later this or early next week.
>>
>> Please indicate any bug fixes that so far may have been missed
>> in the backports already done.
>>
>> Thanks, Jan

> I do not see:
>

> commit 3dbab7a8bf4bef1bb2967cb3a8c7ed2146482ab3
>

> in any 4.2 or 4.3 tree.  As Andrew Cooper said:
>

>  > This is a hypervisor reference counting error on a toolstack hypercall
>  > path.  Irrespective of any of the other patches in this series, I think
>  > this should be included ASAP (although probably subject to review from a
>  > third person), which will fix the hypervisor crashes from gdbsx usage.

Considering that this is only debugging code, I did not view this as
important enough to backport without explicit request.
Furthermore, it hadn't passed the push gate yet when I collected
the most recent batch of backports.

I just now added it to my list of pending backports.

As an aside: It would have helped (read: saved me some time) if you
had also reproduced the title of the commit instead of just the commit
ID. See Andrew's response to the original mail of this thread for an
example (the precise form doesn't matter, the conveyed information
does).

Jan