Re: [Xen-devel] [PULL] qemu-xen stable update to 1.6.2

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 09:35:10AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 18:52 +0000, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> > There is an update of QEMU 1.6, I have done a merge and put that in a tree:
> > git://xenbits.xen.org/people/aperard/qemu-dm.git  merge-1.6.2
>
> Based on the above I have no idea whether a freeze exception should be
> granted for this, so my default answer is no. I'm not sure what else you
> could have expected.
>
> If you think there are changes here which should be in 4.4.0 then please
> enumerate all changes included in this merge which have any relation to
> Xen and their potential impact on the release.

I have a list the change here that have a potential impact on Xen, with
the ones that I think are quite important at the beginning. Either the
commit title speak for itself or I added a small description on what is
affected.

Fix pc migration from qemu <= 1.5

- Potential compilation issue:
Adjust qapi-visit for python-2.4.3
configure: Explicitly set ARFLAGS so we can build with GNU Make 4.0

- Memory leak:
qapi: fix memleak by adding implict struct functions in dealloc visitor
  qapi is used by qmp, so potential leaks when doing qmp call
qom: Fix memory leak in object_property_set_link()
  same for qom

qdev-monitor: Fix crash when device_add is called with abstract driver
qdev-monitor: Unref device when device_add fails
  those could be a potential issue triggered through device-add qmp
  command

qemu-char: Fix potential out of bounds access to local arrays
  for serial="vc:WxH"
  vc stand for virtual console

audio: honor QEMU_AUDIO_TIMER_PERIOD instead of waking up every *nano* second
  looks like it improve cpu load when playing audio

scsi_target_send_command(): amend stable-1.6 port of the CVE-2013-4344 fix
  if someone use scsi disk

vmdk: Fix vmdk_parse_extents
vmdk: Fix creating big description file
  if someone use a vmdk disk image

qcow2: count_contiguous_clusters and compression
qcow2: fix possible corruption when reading multiple clusters
qcow2: Zero-initialise first cluster for new images
  several qcow2 fixes, a file disk format

virtio-net: only delete bh that existed
virtio-net: fix the memory leak in rxfilter_notify()
  few virtio fixes

rng-egd: offset the point when repeatedly read from the buffer
  looks like this can be used by virtio

I did not list the commit that does not look like a Xen guest can use.
So is this look like patches to take in our tree ? At least the first 7
would be good to take I think (migration fix, memory leaks, qdev fixes).

Regards,

--
Anthony PERARD