Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create VM with nic device on Arndale

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Roger Pau Monnà <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the log, could you please post the output of xenstore-ls -fp
> after a failed domain creation?
>
> My first guess is that your xencommons init script is outdated, could
> you check if your xencommons init script has the following line:
>
> 113                 ${BINDIR}/xenstore-write "/local/domain/0/domid" 0
>
> Roger.

Hi Roger:
   Thanks, adding this line solve my problem ;-)

   And  I didn't make it clear that I'm using Gentoo Linux.
we slightly rewrote the init.d script to make it fit into the system,
and this changes (compare to 4.3.1) cause the problem.
since we inherit the script from previous version 4.3.1(thus old script).
    I wonder if it's worthy to make the error or warning more useful.
your previous patch looks good, and could be useful.
(not sure others will hit the same problem..)

Lan