Re: [Xen-devel] MAINTAINERS tree branches [xen tip as an example]

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM, David Vrabel <david.vrabel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20/01/14 18:33, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>> Is the delta of what is queued for the next release typically small?
>> Otherwise someone doing development based on linux.git alone should
>> have conflicts with anything on the queue, no?
>
> We've not had any issues so far.

Will give that a shot.

>>>     To see what's queued for the next release, the next merge window,
>>>     and other work in progress:
>>>
>>>         The Xen subsystem maintainers' tip.git tree.
>>
>> That's the thing, you can't clone the tip.git tree today well, there
>> are undefined references and git gives up, asking for the linux-next
>> branch however did work.
>
> I think it did work, you just needed to checkout a branch manually.

Indeed, I just didn't expect random developer to know how to fix this,
and if other git trees will exist in the same form I figured its best
to extend MAINTAINERS to specify the preference for a branch. In this
case, since the branch is not recommended for development, I suppose
the recommendation no longer applies for this tree.

> But it looks like Konrad has pushed a master branch recently, as well.

That gives me a warm fuzzy, thanks.

 Luis