Re: [Xen-devel] xen/arm: Alternative start of day cache coherency

On 01/22/2014 04:35 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Julien,

Hi Ian,

> I wonder if the following is any better than the current stuff in
> staging for the issue you are seeing with BSD at start of day? Can you
> try it please.

Thanks for the patch! It allows me to boot FreeBSD correctly (ie with
Write-Through for the first page table) on Midway.

> It has survived >1000 bootloops on Midway and >50 on Mustang, both are
> still going.
>
> It basically does a cache clean on all RAM mapped in the p2m. Anything
> in the cache is either the result of an earlier scrub of the page or
> something toolstack just wrote, so there is no need to be concerned
> about clean vs. invalidate -- clean is always correct.

I don't remember what was the conclusion... is it necessary to flush all
the RAM? Flushing the Kernel/initrd/DTB space should be enough.

--
Julien Grall