[Xen-devel] Removing building qemu from xen ?

I see xen by default builds qemu on x86 / x86_64, and by default it will
build it on tools/qemu-xen-dir, and regardless of x86 32/64 bit architecture
it will call the binary qemu-system-i386. I see recently also support
was added to avoid having to build qemu and let distributions specify
their own binary path for qemu. That's great! I see though that by
default xen builds a different repo version of qemu:

git://xenbits.xen.org/qemu-upstream-unstable.git
tag: qemu-xen-4.4.0-rc1

At first glance I am not seeing much delta between what's upstream and
at least the latest commit of qemu-upstream-unstable.git is already
upstream on the *real* qemu upstream tree [0]. This begs the question of
whether or not xen needs to have the qemu building infrastructure as
part of its own build system. Can we rip it out?

The same question applies to SeaBIOS but I haven't looked at that yet.

[0] git://git.qemu.org/qemu.git

  Luis