Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-4.4-rc2 - Some Nested Virt testing

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Andrew Cooper
<andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been giving nested virt a try, and have my first bug to report.
> This is still ongoing, and is by no means complete yet.
>
> Setup:
> Each reference to XenServer is a trunk XenServer based on 4.4-rc2
>
> Single Intel Haswell SDP (Grantley platform):
> Native hypervisor: XenServer
>
> Two L1 guests:
>   XenServer (running with EPT)
>   XenServer (running with shadow)
>

> When attempting to create an L2 EPT HVM domain under an L1 shadow
> domain, the L1 shadow domain is killed with:

Is EPT-on-shadow actually meant to work?  I wouldn't be surprised if
the L2 HAP stuff assumed that L1 was HAP as well.

In which case, if an L1 guest is started in shadow mode, then EPT
should not be advertised.

 -George