Re: [Xen-devel] Error after running pygrub with xen 4.4-rc2

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014, Fabio Fantoni wrote:

Il 27/01/2014 02:05, M A Young ha scritto:
I get the following error after running pygrub when launching a guest with xen 4.4-rc2.

xenconsole: Could not open tty `': No such file or directory
libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: console child [0] exited with error status 2

After this the boot continues normally, but once the console exits the tty settings are wrong and key presses aren't echoed. I believe the error above is from a xenconsole session launched when pygrub is, and this exits because the guest generally hasn't started. A second run of xenconsole serves the console output after that. I have occasionally noticed with this and earlier xen versions that I have to press ^] after pygrub finishes before the boot continues, so I would guess that in some cases the first xenconsole run lasts long enough to get a console connection which has to be ended before the boot proceeds. Hence I suspect the behaviour hasn't changed in this version, and only the error message is new.

Try to check if xenconsoled is running.
I had a similar problem time ago and it was because xenconsoled was no longer active, perhaps crashed for unknown reasons and found nothing in the logs. After installing a rebuilt completely clean the problem was no longer presented.

I get the error with or without xenconsoled running. The difference is that if xenconsole isn't running, the session exits after the error message rather than give the start up messages.

        Michael Young