Re: [Xen-devel] Domain Save Image Format proposal (draft B)

On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 11:08 -0600, Shriram Rajagopalan wrote:

> I am not that familiar with ARM, but from what I read, its bi-endian
> past v3.

Modern ARMs can still do big endian, and are sometimes used that way
too.

I expect that this would be expressed as a new guest arch/type (ARMBE)
though.

But there's nothing wrong per-se with having the endianness of an image
be explicit in the file formats header, even if it is a bit redundant.

Note that the initial header has to be in some fixed endianness, but
it's a small handful of bytes which only occurs once, I don't think the
byte swapping is an issue there.

Ian.