Re: [Xen-devel] Xen nested wiki

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote on 2014-02-13:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 03:55:31AM +0000, Zhang, Yang Z wrote:
>> Hi George,
>>

> Hello,
>
>> I have updated the Latest Xen nested status in the Xen wiki page,
>> please have a look. Although it is hard to say nested is good supported
>> or product quality, it is
> ready to let people to know nested basically is supported by Xen.
> Especially, for Xen on Xen case, I didn't see any issue with it for more than
> half of year.
> Besides, I am always using nested Xen to debug Xen booting issue which
> doesn't need to reboot my real box. And it really helps me a lot. So,
> if possible, I hope we can add nested support into Xen 4.4 release to
> let people know current status.
>>
>> Xen nested wiki:
>> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_nested
>>

> Thanks a lot for writing that! Good stuff.
>
> How about the bugfix patches mentioned on the wiki page:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/316994
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/316993
>
> It looks like the patch 2/2 needs some more work, is it likely to be
> fixed/merged before Xen 4.4 final?

I will try my best to do it. But I am working on pushing GFX pass through to
QEMU upstream to catch the Xen 4.4 now which having a higher priority to me and
may occupy lots of my time. So I am not sure whether I have time to rework it
and catch the Xen 4.4 release.
BTW: if you only want to boot Xen on Xen or KVM on Xen, those patches are not
required.

> (is it suitable to be merged as a bugfix?)

Yes. It is actually a bugfix.

> Thanks,
>
> -- Pasi
>

>> best regards