Re: [Xen-devel] Strange interdependace between domains

On lun, 2014-02-17 at 14:19 +0100, Juergen Gross wrote:
> On 14.02.2014 18:21, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you are right. It looks like there is no command or command
> > parameter telling explicitly to which pool a domain belong [BTW, adding
> > Juergen, who knows that for sure].
>
> You didn't add me, but I just stumbled over this message. :-)

Oh, sorry... I could have sworn I did! :-P

Glad you've noticed the conversation anyway... and sorry.

> When I added cpupools the information could be obtained via "xm list -l".
> In the moment I haven't got a xen-unstable system up. And on my 4.2.3
> machine "xl list -l" isn't giving any information at all.

Yeah, I remember something about a discussion on this. On my -unstable
test box, I still get no output for dom0, while, if you have a domU, I
do see something, and the poolid is there.

root@Zhaman:~# xl list -l | grep -i pool
                "poolid": 0,

> With "xenstore-ls /vm" the information can be retrieved: it is listed
> under <uuid>/pool_name (with <uuid> being the UUID of the domain in
> question).

Funny:

root@Zhaman:~# xenstore-ls /vm | grep -i pool
root@Zhaman:~#

root@Zhaman:~# xenstore-ls | grep -i pool
root@Zhaman:~#

:-O

Is that because I didn't really add any pool (i.e., I'm running the
above with only Pool-0) ?

> > If that is the case, we really should add one.
>
> Indeed. I think "xl cpupool-list" should have another option to show the
> domains in the cpupool. I'll prepare a patch.

Cool!

Thanks,
Dario