Re: [Xen-devel] run time memory trap question

Hi

> > Something like this.
>
> This solution sounds good.
>
> If I remembered correctly, you are writing a driver for IPU/GPU MMU, right?

Right. And for now I started developing something like shadow page
table algorithm. I need to create a trap for a real pagetable, which
is placed somewhere in domain heap memory. That's why I thought about
generic algorithm which can create a runtime trap for memory, which
address is not defined during compile time.

> In this case, I think a per-domain MMU handlers would be better. Most of
> handlers will be used for a specific guest (except the VGIC handler).

Do you mean that existing mmio_handlers[] are global and new runtime
memory handlers should be per domain? This sounds quite reasonable.

regards,
Andrii

--

Andrii Tseglytskyi | Embedded Dev