Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC for-4.5 4/5] xen/arm: Remove processor specific setup in vcpu_initialise

On 02/19/2014 12:18 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:

>> + *
>> + * Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> + * Copyright (c) 2014 Linaro Limited.
>> + *
>> + * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>> + * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
>> + * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
>> + * (at your option) any later version.
>> + *
>> + * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
>> + * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
>> + * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
>> + * GNU General Public License for more details.
>> + */
>> +#include <asm/procinfo.h>
>> +#include <asm/processor.h>
>> +
>> +static void armv7_vcpu_initialize(struct vcpu *v)
>> +{
>> +    if ( v->domain->max_vcpus > 1 )
>> +        v->arch.actlr |= ACTLR_V7_SMP;
>> +    else
>> +        v->arch.actlr &= ~ACTLR_V7_SMP;
>> +}
>> +
>> +const struct processor armv7_processor = {
>
> __rodata? (or whatever it is called)

I forgot to answer to this part. The compiler will put it by default in
rodata. Did you want to say __initconst? If so, we can't because I use a
pointer to this structure in arch/arm/processor.c

If we want to save space, we can copy it in another variable in
processor_setup.

--
Julien Grall