Re: [Xen-devel] Release, RC5, and branching

George Dunlap writes ("Re: Release, RC5, and branching"):
> On 02/21/2014 04:16 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > How sure are we that the qemu trees we will be releasing with are the
> > ones in RC5 ?  If we're sure then we could make the release tags now.
>
> Is there a cost to waiting for the release tags?  I don't know exactly
> how we want to arrange the timing of the release with the press
> announcement, but if it wouldn't cause too much hassle / risk of missing
> something, it might be better to wait until the day of our official
> announcement, probably a week monday.

If we wait then we have to either (a) have old tags in Config.mk (eg
references to -rc5) or (b) release something that is still in
staging-4.4 and not in stable-4.4 yet.

If you're thinking about a release in a bit over a week we can
probably expect a test pass if we do the Config.mk etc. changes early
next week, but I'm not sure I see a reason to wait.

Ian.